Password requirements and recommendations
Last Update 3 个月前
These guidelines are designed to help you create a secure password for your account.
- The minimum length is 8 characters, the maximum is 128.
- Must contain at least one number.
- Must contain at least one special character (e.g. !, @, #, $ etc.) -- spaces do not count.
- Cannot contain your username.
- If the password is less than 15 characters long, it cannot contain "common" words (e.g. common passwords or names)
Password security recommendations
- Do not use the same password as on your email address or any other service!
- Use a password manager such as KeePassXC to generate random passwords (ideally 64 characters or longer) and to keep your passwords safe from theft or forgetfulness.
If you do not want to use a password manager:
- The best passwords are usually nonsensical phrases with a few misspelled words, capital letters, numbers, or special characters thrown in.
- e.g. "figurative should3#3 Hula-sing"
- The phrase should be easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess.
- Famous quotes should be avoided.